When working around a digital or electronic cluster, make sure that the circuitry is not damaged due to static electricity discharge. To lessen the probability of this happening, touch both hands to ground frequently to discharge any static.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 6
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds for models equipped with an air bag.
- Remove the cluster finish center upper panel. Push up the release lock at the center on the lower side of the panel. Pull the panel to extract it from the dash.
- Unscrew the cluster finish panel retaining screws and carefully pry from the side to remove it from the dash.
- Unscrew the combination meter. On the automatic models, disconnect the cable from the control lever. Make sure it is in the P position. Remove the cable from the roller.
- Remove the meter, then disconnect the wiring harnesses from the back.
- On automatic models, connect the cable to the control lever. Install the cable roller.
- Connect the speedometer cable and harnesses.
- Position the combination meter and secure into the dash.
- Install the cluster finish panel.
- Install and attach the cluster finish center upper panel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.