REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds on models with an airbag.
Some models covered by this guide may be equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), which uses an air bag. Whenever working near any of the SRS components, such as the impact sensors, the air bag module, steering column and instrument panel, disable the SRS, as described in Chassis Electrical .
- Remove the front door panel to gain access to the regulator assembly.
- Remove the service hole cover(s).
- Lower the regulator until the door glass is in the fully open position.
- Remove the two glass channel mount bolts.
- Pull the glass up and out of the door.
- If equipped, unbolt and remove the inside door panel frame.
- If equipped with power windows, disconnect the electrical wiring.
- Remove the equalizer arm bracket mounting bolts.
- Remove the window regulator mounting bolts and remove the regulator (with the power window motor attached) through the service hole.
- Coat all the window regulator sliding surfaces with multi-purpose grease.
- Place the regulator (with the power window motor) through the service hole and install the mounting bolts. Connect the power window connector if equipped.
- Place the door glass into the door cavity.
- Connect the glass to the regulator with the channel mount bolts.
- With the equalizer arm, raise the glass to the almost closed position and make sure that the leading and trailing edges of the glass are equidistant from the top of the glass channel. If not, adjust the equalizer arm to achieve an even fit.
- Install the service hole cover.
- Install the door panel and reconnect the negative battery cable.