REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
To avoid possible unexpected deployment of the air bag (if equipped), work must not be started after approximately 90 seconds or longer from the time the ignition switch is turned OFF and the negative battery cable disconnected.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait 90 seconds once the cable is removed before proceeding.
- Remove the door trim panels.
- Disconnect the inside handle connecting linkage.
- Disconnect the locking No. 1 link.
- Remove the service hole cover. Using a clip remover, extract the five screw grommets, then remove the no. 1 and No. 2 hole covers.
- Disconnect the two links from the door lock.
- Using a clip removal tool, extract the clips.
- Remove the two links then the silencer. Turn the clamp, then pull out the door control link and inside locking link.
- Remove the three screws and the locking link protector.
- Disconnect the two links from the outside handle and the lock cylinder.
- On models with power locks, disconnect the wiring.
- Remove the lock attaching screws, then the out the lock through the service hole.
- When installing, secure all components and use new sealant on the service hole covers.
- Install the door panels and trim.