REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 12
- On models without power windows, remove the window regulator handle. A rag may be used to push the handle clip out from behind. Or use a special door handle clip removal tool.
- On models with power mirrors, insert a tapped pry tool between the door trim and the switch to separate the two.
- Pop off the upper trim panel round screw cover and remove the screw.
- Remove the screw around the door handle.
- Once all the screws are removed from the upper trim panel, pry the panel away from the door shell but be careful of the linkages.
- Disconnect the linkages from the door panel.
- On the lower door panel, carefully pry the screw cover off and remove the screw.
- Using some force, pry the lower trim panel from the door.
- Behcind the lower door panel is wiring from the window and other accessories, disconnect them.
- Install the components in the reverse order of removal. Be sure to secure all wiring connections.
See Figures 13, 14 and 15
- Raise the tailgate.
- Remove the screw type retainers.
- Once unscrewed, the clips can be pulled out from the trim panel.
- Pull the screw type clip from the body.
- Carefully pry too loosen the panel from the tailgate. Pull the trim panel away from the body. Watch out for clips that may be broken and replace any if necessary.
- Position the trim panel and attach it to the door. Be careful not to damage any of the clips.
- Secure the panel by installing the screw-type clips.