REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 6
- Remove the tailgate trim panel.
- Remove the three screws attaching the locking mechanism to the door housing.
- Disconnect the linkage from the door lock.
- On power locks, disconnect the harness form the solenoid.
- Detach the cable from the latch, then extract the assembly from the vehicle.
- Attach the cable to the latch.
- Secure the wiring (if equipped) and linkage to the assembly.
- Postion the assembly into the body of the vehicle and secure with the retaining screws.
- Install the secure the tailgate trim panel.