REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 5
- Remove the one retaining screw from the upper corner of the lens.
- Tape the end of a pry tool, then carefully extract from the bottom of the lens in a rocking motion till the stud is loosened from the retainer.
Do not pry from the back of the lens, this will crack the lens or damage the paint.
- Pull the lens assembly straight out from the body towards the front of the vehicle.
- Twist and remove the wiring from the back of the lens.
- Twist the bulb and remove it from the socket.
- Before installing a light bulb into the socket, ensure that all electrical contact surfaces are free of corrosion or dirt.
Before installing the light bulb, note the positions of the two retaining pins on the bulb. They will likely be at different heights on the bulb, to ensure that the bulb is installed correctly. If, when installing the bulb, it does not turn easily, do not force it. Remove the bulb and rotate it 180 degrees from its former position, then reinsert it into the bulb socket.
- Insert the light bulb into the socket and, while depressing the bulb, twist it 1/8 turn clockwise until the two pins on the light bulb are properly engaged in the socket.
- To ensure that the replacement bulb functions properly, activate the applicable switch to illuminate the bulb which was just replaced. If the replacement light bulb does not illuminate, either it too is faulty or there is a problem in the bulb circuit or switch. Correct if necessary.
- Install the socket and bulb assembly into the rear of the lens housing; otherwise, install the lens over the bulb.
- Insert and secure the lens assembly into the body of the vehicle.