See Figure 1
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 2 and 3
- Loosen the rear wheel lugnuts on the side of the vehicle you are performing work on.
- Raise and support the rear of the vehicle. Remove the wheel.
- Remove the rear caliper assembly.
- Remove the rear brake disc.
- Remove the parking brake shoes.
- Using pliers, disconnect the parking brake cable form the parking brake shoe lever.
- Connect the parking brake cable to the parking brake shoe lever of the rear shoe.
- Install the parking brake shoes.
- Install the rear brake disc. Adjust the parking brake shoe clearance.
- Install the rear caliper assembly.
- Install the wheel, lower the vehicle and settle the parking brake shoes and disc.
- Recheck and adjust the parking brake lever.
- Pull the parking brake lever all the way up and count the number of clicks. The correct number of clicks should be 4-5.
- If necessary to adjust the parking brake, make sure that the rear brake shoe has been adjusted before making any adjustment at the parking brake handle.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Loosen the two adjusting nuts and adjust parking brake cable No. 1 until travel is correct.