REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the drain plug and drain all the differential fluid from the carrier.
- Remove the rear axle shafts.
- Disconnect the rear driveshaft.
- Lower the rear differential assembly from the vehicle.
- Postion a new gasket and attach the differential carrier. Tighten the bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the rear driveshaft assembly.
- install the rear axle shafts and fill the differential carrier with the correct type and amount of gear oil. The fluid should be just flowing out of the fill plug hole.