REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Jack the vehicle up and support the body with stands.
- Support the rear axle housing with a jack.
- Disconnect the brake tube from the brake hose. Remove the clip and disconnect the hose from the body.
- On models with ABS, remove the ABS warning harness bracket.
- Disconnect the Load Sensing Proportioning Valve spring from the lower control arm.
- Disconnect the shock absorber from the lower control arm.
- To remove the lateral control rod, remove the nut and bolt. Extract the lateral control rod with the bushings.
- To remove the lower control arm, disconnect the parking brake cable from the lower control arm.
The coil spring with insulators should be removed once the lower control arm is.
- Lower the rear axle insulator and lower insulator.
- Remove the two nuts, tow bolts and the lower control arm.
- Place the lower control arm and temporarily install the two bolts and nuts.
Install the coil spring on the lower control arm with the upper and lower insulators.
- Fit the lower end of the coil spring into the gap of the spring seat of the lower control arm.
- Jack up the rear of the axle housing.
- Connect the parking brake cable to the lower control arm.
- Install the lateral control rod with bushings. Temporarily install the bolt and two nuts.
- Connect the shock absorber to the lower control arm and tighten the new until the bolt protrudes 0.059 inch (1.54mm) or more.
- Connect the LSPV spring to the lower control arm and tighten to 9 ft. lbs. (13 Nm).
- On models with ABS, install the ABS wiring harness bracket.
- Connect the brake hose to the body with the clip. attach the brake tube.
- Lower the vehicle and stabilize the suspension. Bounce the vehicle up and down several times to stabilize the suspension.
- Jack up the vehicle and support the rear axle housing with stands.
- Tighten the two nuts of the upper control arm to 156 ft. lbs. (211 Nm). Tighten the two nuts on the lower control arm to, body side-156 ft. lbs. (211 Nm), and axle housing side-181 ft. lbs. (245 Nm).
- Tighten the nuts of the lateral control rod on the body side to 156 ft. lbs. (211 Nm) and the axle housing side to 43 ft. lbs. (59 Nm).
- Bleed the brake system.
- Lower the vehicle.