REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 7
The fuel filter is located under the vehicle on the drivers side near the charcoal canister. Access is much easier from under the vehicle.
- Unbolt the retaining screws and remove the protective shield from the fuel filter if equipped.
- Place a pan under the delivery pipe to catch the dripping fuel and SLOWLY loosen the union bolt to bleed off the fuel pressure. The fuel system is under pressure. Release pressure slowly and contain spillage. Observe "''no smoking/no open flame precautions''.
- Remove the union bolt and drain the remaining fuel.
- Disconnect and plug the inlet line.
- Unbolt and remove the fuel filter.
When tightening the fuel line bolts to the fuel filter, you must use a torque wrench. The tightening torque is very important, as under or over tightening may cause fuel leakage. Insure that there is no fuel line interference and that there is sufficient space between the fuel lines and other components.
- Coat the flare unit, union nut and all bolt threads with engine oil.
- Hand-tighten the inlet line to the fuel filter.
- Install the fuel filter and then tighten the inlet line nut to 22 ft. lbs. (29 Nm).
- Reconnect the delivery pipe using new gaskets and then tighten the union bolt to 22 ft. lbs. (29 Nm).
- Run the engine for a short period and check for any fuel leaks.
- Install the protective shield if equipped.