See Figures 1 and 2
Using an ohmmeter, measure the resistance between the terminals. Refer to the chart, if the resistance is not as specified, replace the sensor.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Locate the coolant temperature sending unit on the engine.
- Disconnect the sending unit electrical harness.
- Drain the engine coolant below the level of the switch.
- Unfasten and remove the sending unit from the engine. Discard the old gasket if equipped.
- Coat the new sending unit with Teflon® tape or electrically conductive sealer. Place a new gasket on the sender.
- Install the sending unit and tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Attach the sending unit's electrical connector.
- Fill the engine with coolant.
- Start the engine, allow it to reach operating temperature and check for leaks.
- Check for proper sending unit operation.