Drive Belt Routings
Inspect the drive belt for signs of glazing or cracking. A glazed belt will be perfectly smooth from slippage, while a good belt will have a slight texture of fabric visible. Cracks will usually start at the inner edge of the belt and run outward. All worn or damaged drive belts should be replaced immediately.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove the engine under cover.
- Loosen the clamp, then disconnect the air cleaner inlet from the air cleaner case.
- Referring to the illustration, loosen nut A, then turn adjust bolt B to relieve the V-ribbed belt tension.
Remove the belt.
- Install the V-ribbed belt to each pulley.
- Turn adjust bolt B to adjust the V-ribbed belt tension.
- Tighten nut A to 40 Nm (30 ft. lbs).