Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds after disconnecting the negative battery cable to prevent possible airbag and seat belt pretensioner activation.
While wearing insulating gloves, slide up the lever of the service plug grip and remove while turning the lever to the left. Be sure to insulate the service plug with insulating tape.
CAUTIONDo not touch the high voltage connectors and terminals for 5 minutes after removing the service plug grip.
Remove the cylinder head.
- Remove the 4 bolts and exhaust manifold insulator.
- Remove the 3 bolts and 2 nuts, then remove the exhaust manifold.
- Clean the sealing surfaces of the exhaust manifold and the cylinder head.
- Install a new gasket, then install the exhaust manifold.
- Tighten the 3 bolts and 2 nuts in the proper sequence to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Install the exhaust manifold insulator with the 4 bolts and tighten to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Install the cylinder head.
- Install the service plug.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Run the engine and check for exhaust leaks.