Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheel.
- Remove the rear brake drum.
- Disconnect the rear ABS speed sensor connector.
- Remove automatic adjusting lever, shoe adjuster and adjusting lever spring from the brake shoes assembly, if necessary.
Remove the hub bolts and hub/bearing assembly.
- Install the hub/bearing assembly.
- Tighten the hub assembly bolts to 38 ft. lbs (52 Nm) on 2002-03 models, or 45 ft. lbs. (61 Nm) on 2004-06 models.
- Install adjusting lever spring, shoe adjuster and automatic adjusting lever from the brake shoes assembly, if removed earlier.
- Connect the rear ABS speed sensor connector.
- Install the rear brake drum.
- Install the rear wheel.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Inspect the rear wheel alignment.
- Check to ensure that the brakes are free from dragging and that proper braking is obtained.