The fuel system pressure relief procedure must be performed before disconnecting any part of the fuel system. After performing this procedure, pressure will remain in the fuel line. When disconnecting the fuel line, place a cloth or equivalent over fittings to reduce the risk of fuel spray.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the integration relay (unit C: C/OPN relay) from the engine room junction block.
- Start the vehicle and allow the engine to run until it stops, then turn the power switch OFF . This may set off a trouble code (DTC P0171: system too lean).
- Check that the engine does not start.
- Remove the fuel filler cap from the filler neck to release the fuel vapor pressure in the fuel tank.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds after disconnecting the negative battery cable to prevent possible airbag and seat belt pretensioner activation.
- Install the integration relay (unit C: C/OPN relay) to the engine room junction block.
- After servicing the fuel system, connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks in the system.