Removal & Installation
- Remove the ignition coils.
- Using a 16 mm plug wrench, remove the spark plugs.
- Clean the spark plugs.
- If the electrode has traces of wet carbon, allow it to dry and then clean with a spark plug cleaner.
- Check the spark plug for thread damage and insulator damage. If abnormal, replace the spark plug.
- Check the spark plug electrode gap. Electrode gap for new spark plug is 1.0 to 1.1 mm (0.039 to 0.043 in.). Maximum electrode gap is 1.2 mm (0.47 in.). If the electrode gap exceeds maximum, replace the spark plug.
- Using a 16 mm plug wrench, install the spark plugs and tighten to 17.5 Nm (13 ft lbs)
- Reinstall the ignition coils.