Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- On 2000 models with cruise control, remove the 3 bolts securing the cruise control actuator, then set it aside.
- On 2001-2005 models, remove the wiper motor assembly.
- Siphon the fluid out of the clutch reservoir.
- Disconnect the hose from the reservoir leading to the clutch master cylinder.
- Disconnect the clutch line from the cylinder. Plug the line to prevent fluid from escaping.
- Remove the clip and pin securing the clutch pedal to the master cylinder pushrod.
Remove the 2 nuts, then remove the cylinder from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the mounting bolts to 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm). Bleed the hydraulic clutch system.