- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Discharge the air conditioning system. Drain the engine coolant.
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
NOTEWait at least 90 seconds after disconnecting the negative battery cable before starting any repair work to prevent air bag and seat belt pretensioner activation.
- Remove the engine undercover.
- Remove the drive belt.
- Disconnect the suction and discharge hoses from the compressor.
Remove the bolts and nuts securing the compressor, then remove it from the vehicle.
- Install the compressor on the vehicle. On 2000 models, tighten the stud bolt to 34 ft. lbs. (47 Nm), the bolt to 27 ft. lbs (37 Nm), and the nut to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm). On 2001-2005 models, tighten the nuts and bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Connect the suction and discharge hoses. Tighten until just snug.
- The remaining installation is the reverse of removal. Recharge the air conditioning system.