Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
CAUTIONTo avoid air bag deployment, if equipped, work must be started after approximately 90 seconds or longer from the time the ignition switch is turned to the LOCK position and the negative battery cable is disconnected from the battery.
- Remove the right front wheel and the fender apron seal.
- Remove the power steering drive belt.
- Using SST 09213-54015, or equivalent, loosen the crankshaft pulley bolt and remove it by pulling it straight off the crankshaft.
- Align the crankshaft pulley set key with the pulley key groove. Install the pulley. Tighten the pulley bolt to 80 ft. lbs. (108 Nm) on 2000 models, 125 ft. lbs. (170 Nm) on 2001-2005 models.
- Install and adjust the power steering pump drive belt.
- Install the right side engine undercover.
- Install the right front wheel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.