Removal & Installation
- Unbolt and remove the oil pump.
Using a knife, carefully cut off the oil seal lip. With a flat-bladed tool, (preferably with tape around it) pry the seal from the cover.
- Apply multi-purpose grease to the new oil seal lip.
- Tap the seal into place with SST 09223-50010/60011 or equivalent seal driver, and a hammer. Do this until the seal surface is flush with the cover edge.
- Install the oil pump with a new O-ring.
- Unbolt the timing chain cover assembly. Be careful to loosen only the correct bolts.
- Pry out the seal from the cover with a flat-bladed tool.
It is a good idea to remove the oil pump from the timing cover and replace the O-ring.