- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Park the vehicle on a level surface.
- Remove the instrument cluster (refer to the instrument panel procedure).
- Using an ohmmeter, measure the resistance between terminals A and B, then C and D. It should be approximately 250 ohms. If not, replace the cluster.
- Remove the fuel pump/fuel level sender assembly.
Measure the resistance between terminals 3 and 2 with the float in the Full and Empty positions. The resistance at the Full position should be approximately 2 ohms. At Empty, it should be approximately 54 ohms. If not, replace the sending unit.