Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the engine coolant.
- Remove the air cleaner duct from the throttle body.
Disconnect the cable(s) from the throttle body; label and disconnect and electrical connections and hoses.
- Remove the bolts securing the throttle body, then remove it from the manifold. You may need to hit it lightly with a rubber mallet or the palm of your hand to break it free.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. On 2000 models, tighten the throttle body bolts to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm); tighten them to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm) on 2001-2005 models.
Fill the engine with the proper amount and type of coolant.