Removal & Installation
Before removing the switch, purchase 2 taper head bolts. The heads of these bolts are specifically designed to snap off when the proper tightening torque is reached.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the screws securing the upper and lower steering column covers.
- Remove the column covers; be careful to prevent breaking the clips during removal.
- Remove the multifunction switch.
- Remove the clamp securing the ignition switch and lock cylinder assembly. You will need to cut a notch into the old taper head bolts and use a screwdriver to remove them.
- Remove the screws securing the ignition switch and remove it from the assembly.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. When installing the new taper head bolts, tighten them until the heads shear off.