Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Lift the caps on the ends of the wiper arms to access the mounting nuts. Remove the nuts, then mark the position of the arms to the studs.
- Remove the arms by pulling them straight out. It may be necessary to gently rock them back and forth to remove.
- Remove the cowl weather seal and the cowl shield.
- Unplug the connector from the motor.
- Remove the mounting bolts, then remove the wiper motor and link assembly.
- Position the wiper motor and link assembly and tighten the mounting bolts until just snug.
- Attach the connector, then install the cowl and weatherstrip.
- Turn the ignition ON , and cycle the wiper motor. Turn the wiper off, then shut off the ignition.
- Align the matchmarks made earlier or refer to the illustration to properly position the wiper arms:
- Tighten the nuts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm), then install the caps.