Removal & Installation
It is a good idea to remove and reinstall the coils one at a time to prevent the coils being installed out of order.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the spark plug wire from the coil.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors from the coil.
- Remove the coil bolts and the coils.
- Install the coil and tighten the bolts to 69 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Connect the wiring and spark plug wires
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Make sure the engine is cold and the temperature of the engine is from -10 degrees C (14 F) to 50 degrees C (122 F).
Perform the spark test, if spark does not occur perform the following:
- Check the coil and igniter connections and again check for spark.
- Using an ohm meter, check that the resistance of the spark plug wire does not exceed 25 Kohms. If the resistance of the wire exceeds specification, replace the wire and check for spark.
- Turn the ignition key to the on position, check the battery voltage. Check that the same voltage is present at the coil positive (+) terminal. If the voltage is not the same check the wiring between the ignition switch, coil and igniter.
- If the wiring is ok, Check the resistance of the coil. On Aisan coil packs the primary coil resistance should be 0.70-0.94 ohms and the secondary resistance should be between 10.8-14.9 ohms. On Diamond coil packs the primary resistance should be 0.70-0.94 ohms and the secondary resistance should be 6.8-11.7 ohms. If not as specified replace the coil.