Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the outer front cowl top panel assembly by performing the following procedure:
- Remove the wiper arm/blade assemblies head caps, nuts and assemblies.
- Remove the head-to-cowl seal and the cowl panel hole cover.
- Disconnect the windshield washer clip and hose.
- Remove both (right and left) cowl top ventilator louvers.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the windshield wiper motor.
- Remove the outer front cowl top panel assembly-to-cowl bolts and the panel.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the right front wheel assembly and apron seal.
Remove the alternator by performing the following procedure:
- Loosen the pivot bolt, adjusting lockbolt and adjusting bolt, then, remove the drive belt.
- Disconnect the alternator-s electrical connector.
- Remove the nut and the alternator wire.
- Disconnect the wiring harness from the clip.
- Remove the alternator-to-bracket pivot bolt, the washer, adjusting lockbolt and alternator.
- Loosen the power steering pump-s mount and adjusting bolt, then, remove the drive belt.
- Disconnect the hose from the engine coolant reservoir.
- Disconnect the Diagnostic Link Connector 1 (DLC1) from the No. 2 right side engine mounting bracket.
- Remove the right side engine mounting stay, the engine moving control rod and the No. 2 right side engine mounting bracket.
- Loosen the alternator-s pivot bolt, the nut and the No. 2 alternator bracket.
- Using the Crankshaft Pulley Holding tool 09213-54015, Bolt tool 91651-60855 and Companion Flange Holding tool 09330-00021, or equivalent, remove the crankshaft pulley bolt.
Using a Puller -C- Set 09950-50011 (Hanger 150 tool 09951-05010, Slide Arm tool 09952-5010, Center Bolt 100 tool 09953-05010, Center Bolt 150 tool 09953-05020 and 2 No. 2 Claw tools 09954-05020), pull the crankshaft pulley from the crankshaft.