Removal & Installation
The mirror motor is an integral part of the mirror housing, if defective, replace the mirror assembly.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Using a pry tool, disengage the front door lower frame bracket garnish clips and remove the garnish.
- Using a pry tool, disengage the inside handle bezel clips and remove the bezel.
- Remove master switch assembly screw.
- Using a suitable prytool, pry up on the arm reset base panel and remove the panel.
- Unfasten the door switch screws, unplug the connector and remove the switch.
Remove the front door trim panel as follows:
- Remove the screws and back frame plate.
- Remove the 2 cushion rubbers, screws and the clips.
- Carefully move the panel upwards to avoid damage.
- Disconnect the 2 cables from the inside door handle.
- Using a pry tool, disengage the 10 hooks and remove the inner weaterstrip.
- Remove the 2 screws and inside handle.
- Remove the screw and reinforcement 1 to access and remove the service hole cover.
- Unplug the door mirror connector unfasten the screws and remove the mirror.
- Install the mirror and fasten the screws to 71 in. lbs. (8 Nm), then attach the connector.
- Apply butyl tape to the door panel at the areas illustrated. Pull out the links and connector through the service hole cover and install the cover making sure there are no creases or wrinkles and it is sealing normally.
Install the remaining components in the reverse order of removal.