Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the wheels.
- Disconnect the brake hose from the caliper by removing the union bolt and 2 gaskets. Plug the end of the hose to prevent loss of fluid.
- Remove the bolts that attach the caliper to its mounting.
- Lift the bottom of the caliper up and remove the caliper assembly.
- Grease the caliper slides and bolts with lithium grease or equivalent. Install the caliper and secure with the bolts.
- Connect the brake hose to the caliper, using 2 new washers. Make sure the flexible hose lock is securely in the lock hole of the caliper. Torque the union bolt to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Fill the brake system to the proper level and bleed the brake system.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Top off the brake fluid level in the master cylinder. Check for leaks and proper brake operation.
- Connect the negative battery cable to the battery.