Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove the front wheel.
Remove the shock absorber nut and washer from the lower control arm.
WARNINGDo not remove the bolt at this time.
- While slowly lowering the front suspension, remove the lower bolt from the shock absorber assembly.
- Support the shock absorber.
- Remove the three nuts from the top of the shock absorber tower.
- Lower the shock absorber out of the wheel well.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Please note the following torque specifications:
3 upper strut to body nuts: 47 ft. lbs. (64 Nm)