REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 5
In certain areas it may be illegal to service air conditioning components unless you are certified, consult with your local authorities.
- Recover the refrigerant from the system. Please refer to Routine Maintenance .
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- In the engine compartment, disconnect the refrigerant lines from the assembly. Cap the open fittings immediately to prevent the entry of dirt and moisture.
- Remove the grommets in the firewall from the inlet and outlet fittings, if applicable.
- Remove the lower trim panel from under the dashboard and the glove box.
- Unplug the electrical connectors.
- Remove the air duct and A/C amplifier, if necessary.
- Remove the bolts securing the cooling assembly and remove the from the car.
- Position the cooling unit in place inside the car, then install the retaining nuts/bolts.
- Install the A/C amplifier and air duct.
- Engage the wiring connectors.
- Install the glove box and the under-dash cover.
- Install the grommets on the inlet and outlet fittings.
- Connect the refrigerant lines to the cooling unit. Torque the cooling unit inlet line (smaller one) to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm). Torque the outlet line (bigger one) to 24 ft. lbs. (32 Nm). Use new O-rings, if applicable.
- Evacuate, charge and leak test the air conditioning system.