REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the bolt securing the power steering hose (if equipped).
- Remove the bolt securing the brake lines to the shock tower.
- Unplug the electrical connections.
- Disconnect the brake lines from the actuator using a line or flare nut wrench.
- Remove the bolts securing the actuator bracket to the body, then remove the assembly from the vehicle.
- Separate the actuator from the bracket assembly, if necessary.
- Install the actuator assembly to the vehicle. Tighten the side bracket bolts to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm) and the front bracket bolt to 9 ft. lbs. (13 Nm).
- Thread the brake line fittings into the actuator. Tighten them to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Engage the electrical connectors.
- Install the bolts securing the brake lines and power steering hose.
- Connect the negative battery cable, then bleed the brake system.
- Inspect for leaks, then check for proper ABS warning light operation.