REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On models equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) or an "air bag,'' work must NOT be started until at least 90 seconds have passed from the time that both the ignition switch is turned to the LOCK position and the negative cable is disconnected from the battery.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the lower dash trim panel and air duct, if necessary.
- Remove the brake pedal return spring and brake light switch.
- Remove the clevis pin clip and pin.
- Unbolt and remove the brake pedal from the vehicle.
- Position the pedal in the vehicle, then tighten the retaining nut/bolt.
- Install the clevis pin and clip.
- Install the brake return spring.
- Install the brake light switch, then adjust the pedal and switch.
- Install the lower dash trim panel and air duct.
- Test the brake pedal and light for proper operation.