REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove any components necessary to gain working access.
- Remove the brake master cylinder from the booster. Refer to the necessary service procedures.
- Remove the vacuum hose from the booster.
- From inside the car, disconnect the pedal return spring, clevis pin clip and pin.
- Remove the brake booster retaining nuts. It will be helpful to have an assistant support the booster while the nuts are loosened.
- Remove the booster from the engine compartment.
- Have an assistant hold the booster in position while you install the retaining nuts. Tighten the nuts to 9 ft. lbs. (13 Nm).
- Install the clevis pin and clip, then install the pedal return spring.
- Connect the vacuum hose to the booster.
- Install any other components necessary.
- Adjust the pushrod length.
- Install the master cylinder.
- Adjust the brake pedal.
- Bleed the brake system. Refer to the necessary service procedure.
See Figures 4 and 5
- Install the gasket on the master cylinder.
- Set SST 09737-00010 or an equivalent gauging tool on the gasket, then lower the pin until it's tip slightly touches the piston.
- Turn the tool upside down and set it on the booster.
- Measure the clearance between the booster pushrod and the pin head. There should be no clearance. Adjust the pushrod length until the pushrod slightly touches the pin head.