REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable, then unplug the wiring connector from the injector.
The fuel system is under pressure. Release pressure slowly and contain spillage. Observe "no smoking/no open flame'' precautions. Have a Class B-C (dry powder) fire extinguisher within arm's reach at all times.
- Wrap the fuel pipe connection in a rag or towel. Remove the two union bolts and the cold start injector pipe with its gaskets.
- Remove the two retaining bolts, then remove the cold start injector with it's gaskets.
- Install the injector with a new gasket, then tighten the two mounting bolts to 69 inch lbs. (7.8 Nm).
- Again using new gaskets, install the cold start injector pipe. Tighten the bolts to 14 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Engage the cold start injector connector.
- Connect the negative battery cable, then start the engine and check for leaks.