REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable, then relieve fuel system pressure.
The fuel system is under pressure. Release pressure slowly and contain spillage. Observe "no smoking/no open flame'' precautions. Have a Class B-C (dry powder) fire extinguisher within arm's reach at all times.
- Unplug the vacuum sensing hose from the fuel pressure regulator.
- Disconnect the fuel pipe from the regulator.
- Remove the two retaining bolts and pull the regulator out of the fuel rail.
- Apply a light coat of gasoline to a new O-ring, then install it on the regulator.
- Rotate the regulator to the left and right while installing it in the fuel rail. Make certain it can be smoothly rotated. If it does not rotate smoothly, the O-ring is not seated correctly and should be replaced.
- Install the two retaining bolts. Tighten them to 69 inch lbs. (7.8 Nm).
- Connect the fuel and vacuum hoses.
- Start the engine and check carefully for leaks.