REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable (special pullers are available to remove the clamps on post terminals).
Spilled acid can be neutralized with a baking soda and water solution. If you get acid in your eyes, flush it out with lots of clean water and get to a doctor as quickly as possible.
- Disconnect the positive battery cable.
- Remove the bolts holding the battery retainer and remove the retainer.
- Remove the battery. The battery is a fairly heavy item, use care in lifting it out of the car.
- Clean the battery posts thoroughly before reinstalling or when installing a new one.
- Clean the cable clamps, using the special tools or a wire brush, both inside and out.
- Install the battery in the car.
- Make certain that the retainer is correctly placed and its bolts are tight. Connect the positive cable first, then the negative cable. On post terminals, do not hammer the connector into place. The terminals should be coated with dielectric grease to prevent corrosion.
Removing the battery may require resetting various digital equipment such as radio memory and the clock.