REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 9
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the engine under covers, if applicable.
- Drain the cooling system.
- On fuel injected engines, it will be necessary to remove the air intake duct assembly.
- Disconnect the coolant reservoir hose.
- Unfasten the clamps, then remove the radiator upper and lower hoses.
- If equipped with an automatic transmission, remove the oil cooler lines using a line wrench. Place a container under the fittings to catch the fluid. Immediately plug the hose to prevent oil from escaping.
- Disconnect the electric cooling fan connector.
- Unbolt and remove the radiator supports and the radiator. Use care not to damage the radiator fins.
- Remove the cooling fan from the radiator, if applicable.
- If removed earlier, install the cooling fan onto the radiator.
- Place the radiator into position and install the two upper supports.
After installation, check that the rubber cushions of the supports are not compressed.
- Reconnect all electrical and hose connections which were removed earlier.
- Assemble the air intake duct assembly on fuel injected vehicles.
- Install the engine under covers, if applicable.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Remember to check the transmission fluid level on cars with automatic transmissions. Fill the radiator to the specified level.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.