REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the air cleaner and its assorted hoses and lines.
- Tag and disconnect any wires, hoses or lines which might interfere with the cylinder head cover removal.
- Unthread the retaining screws/bolts and then lift off the cylinder head cover. Be careful not to lose the washers.
If the cylinder head cover is stuck, tap it lightly with a rubber mallet to loosen it. DO NOT attempt to pry it off.To install:
- Using a new gasket and silicone sealant, install the cylinder head cover.
- Tighten the bolts down evenly, working from the center to the ends, until they are snug. Do not overtighten, as this may distort the gasket and cause oil leaks.
Installation of the remaining components is in the reverse order of removal.