REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On models equipped with an air bag (SRS), work must NOT be started until at least 90 seconds have passed from the time that both the ignition switch is turned to the LOCK position and the negative cable is disconnected from the battery.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug all electrical connections at the bumper assembly.
- Remove the bumper cover, if necessary. It may be necessary to remove the head or tail lamp assemblies to gain access to the attaching screws.
- Remove the bumper mounting bolts and bumper assembly. Remove the shock absorbers from the bumper, as necessary.
The shock absorber is filled with a high pressure gas and should not be disassembled.
- Install bumper assembly in the reverse order of the removal. Align the bumper assemblies, as necessary.