REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
On models equipped with an air bag (SRS), work must NOT be started until at least 90 seconds have passed from the time that both the ignition switch is turned to the LOCK position and the negative cable is disconnected from the battery.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If equipped with power door locks, windows or any other power option located in the door, remove the inner door panel then unplug the electrical connections. Remove the wire harness retainers, then extract the harness from the door.
- Matchmark the hinge locations to aid in installation.
- Pull the door stopper pin upward while pushing in on the claw. Leave the claw raised after removing the pin.
- Place a wooden block or equivalent under the door for protection, then support it with a floor jack.
- Remove the door mounting bolts, then remove the door.
- Position the door on the vehicle and loosely install the hinge bolts.
- Align the hinges with the matchmarks, then tighten the bolts.
- Install and connect the door wire harness and trim panel, if applicable.
- Slowly close the door and check for proper alignment. Adjust the door as necessary.
See Figures 2, 3 and 4
- To adjust the door in the forward/rearward and vertical directions, loosen the body side hinge bolts and move the door to the desired position.
- To adjust the door in the left/right and vertical direction, loosen the door side hinge bolts and move the door to the desired position.
- Adjust the door lock striker as necessary by slightly loosening the striker mounting screws, then tap the striker lightly with a soft-faced hammer. Tighten the striker mounting screws.