REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable, then drain the cooling system.
- On models equipped with air conditioning, remove the cooling unit. Refer to the appropriate procedure later in this section.
- On models not equipped with air conditioning, remove the heater unit extension. Follow the procedures outlined in this section.
- Remove the heater unit from the vehicle following the procedures outlined in this section.
- Remove the heater core retaining screw(s) and clamp(s).
- Carefully pull the core from the heater unit assembly.
- Remove any debris which may be in the heater unit.
- Position the heater core into the unit, then install the retaining clamp(s) and screws(s).
- Install the heater unit.
- Install the heater unit extension on cars without A/C or the cooling unit on cars with A/C.
- Fill the cooling system. Start the engine and check for leaks as well as proper heater operation.