REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 5
On models equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) or "air bag,'' work must NOT be started until at least 90 seconds have passed from the time that both the ignition switch is turned to the LOCK position and the negative cable is disconnected from the battery.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the combination meter trim panel. This is usually retained by a series of screws and clips. Do not use excessive force when pulling the trim panel from the dash, it is easily damaged. On 1987-1990 sedans, the driver's side lower trim panel and the center trim panel must be removed first.
- Remove the attaching screws from the combination meter, then disconnect the speedometer cable and unplug the wiring connectors. Remove the meter assembly from the instrument panel. On some models, removal of the combination switch first will ease removal. Refer to the appropriate procedure.
- Connect the wiring harnesses and the speedometer cable to the meter. Place the meter in the dash, then secure it with the attaching screws. Make certain the wiring is properly placed to prevent it from becoming pinched or crushed.
- Install the combination meter trim panel.
- Install the center and lower trim panel, if applicable.
- Road test the vehicle and check for proper operation.