REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
On models equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) or "air bag,'' work must NOT be started until at least 90 seconds have passed from the time that both the ignition switch is turned to the LOCK position and the negative cable is disconnected from the battery.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the driver's side lower trim panel.
- Remove their attaching screws, then separate the upper and lower steering column covers.
- Unplug the connector from the combination switch to the dashboard wiring harness.
- Remove the mounting bolts/screws, then remove the combination switch.
- Position the switch carefully onto the column, then secure the mounting screws.
- Connect the wiring harness from the switch to the dashboard harness.
- Install the upper and lower column covers.
- Install the driver's lower trim panel.
- Install the steering wheel. Check the combination switch for proper operation in all modes.