REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
On models equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) or "air bag,'' work must NOT be started until at least 90 seconds have passed from the time that both the ignition switch is turned to the LOCK position and the negative cable is disconnected from the battery.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the screws which secure the steering column upper and lower covers.
- Turn the ignition key to the ACC position.
- Push the lock cylinder stop in with a small punch or screwdriver.
On some vehicles, it may be necessary to remove the steering wheel and combination switch first.
- Withdraw the lock cylinder from the housing while depressing the stop tab.
- Remove the ignition switch retaining screws, then withdraw the switch from the lock housing.
- Align the locking cam with the hole in the ignition switch, then insert the switch into the lock housing.
- Secure the switch with its screws.
- Make sure both the lock cylinder and the column lock are in the ACC position. Slide the cylinder into the lock housing until the stop tab engages the hole in the lock.
- Install the steering column covers.
- Engage the ignition switch connector.
- Check the ignition switch operation in all positions.