REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- On 1984-1986 sedans and all wagons, remove the radio console box. On all other models, remove the center trim panel. These trim panels are usually secured by screws and/or clips. Be sure you have removed all of the attaching screws before prying the panel from the dash. Do not use excessive force on the panel as this will only lead to damage.
- Remove the mounting screws from the radio.
- Pull the radio from the dash until the wiring connectors are exposed.
- Unplug the electrical connectors and the antenna cable, then remove the radio from the car.
- Connect the wiring and the antenna cable, then place the radio in position within the dash.
- Install the attaching screws.
- Install the trim panel (make sure all the spring clips engage), then install the screws.
- Check the radio for proper operation.