The lateral control rod can be found on 4WD models and 1987-94 sedans.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise the rear of the vehicle, then support the axle with jackstands.
- Remove the nut/bolt securing the rod to the axle, then disconnect the lateral rod from the rear axle.
- Remove the nut/bolt securing the rod to the body, then disconnect the lateral rod from the body. Remove the rod.
- Install the rod to the body with the nut, then finger-tighten it. Make sure the bushing, washer and spacer are correctly installed.
- Position the arm on the axle with the nut, then finger-tighten it.
- Lower the vehicle and bounce it a few times to stabilize the suspension.
- Raise and support the rear of the vehicle again, then tighten the rod-to-body nut to 83 ft. lbs. (113 Nm) and the rod-to-axle nut to 47 ft. lbs. (64 Nm).