The strut rod can be found on FWD wagons and 1984-86 sedans.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Raise the rear of the vehicle and support the body with stands.
- Remove the bolt/nut securing the rod to the axle carrier.
- Remove the bolt/nut securing the rod to the body, then remove the rod.
- Position the strut rod, then install the bolts. Tighten them until they are just snug. Make sure that the lip of the nut is resting on the flange of the bracket. When connecting the strut rod to the axle carrier, make sure that the lip of the nut is aligned with the groove in the bracket.
- Lower the vehicle, then bounce it to stabilize the suspension. Torque the bolts to 64 ft. lbs. (87 Nm).
- Have a reputable shop check the rear wheel alignment.