REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
On models equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) or "air bag,'' work must NOT be started until at least 90 seconds have passed from the time that both the ignition switch is turned to the LOCK position and the negative cable is disconnected from the battery.
The steering system on any vehicle is assembled with high grade, hardened fasteners. NEVER substitute a fastener of inferior load rating when assembling a suspension component!
Do not attempt to remove or install the steering wheel by hammering on it. Damage to the energy-absorbing steering column could result.Without Air Bag
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen the horn pad retaining screws, if applicable, then pull the pad from the steering wheel.
- Remove the steering wheel hub retaining nut and washer.
- Paint matchmarks on the hub and shaft to aid in correct installation.
- Use SST 09609-20011 or its equivalent, to remove the steering wheel.