REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
Front Wiper Assembly
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug the electrical connector from the wiper motor.
- Remove the mounting bolts, then remove the motor from the firewall.
- Pry the wiper linkage socket from the motor arm assembly.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
See Figure 5
- Remove the wiper arm from the pivot, then remove the spacer and washer on the pivot.
- Remove the cover (trim) panel on the inside of the hatch lid.
- Remove the plastic cover on the wiper motor and unplug the wiring connector from the motor.
- Remove the mounting nuts/bolts, then remove the wiper motor.
- Position the motor and secure it to the hatch lid.
- Connect the wiring harness, then install the plastic cover.
- Install the inner trim panel on the hatch lid.
- Install the wiper arm with its washer and spacer. Make sure the arm is correctly positioned before tightening the nut.