REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
On models equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) or "air bag,'' work must NOT be started until at least 90 seconds have passed from the time that both the ignition switch is turned to the LOCK position and the negative cable is disconnected from the battery.
Front Wiper Assembly
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug the electrical connector from the wiper motor.
- Remove the mounting bolts, then remove the motor from the firewall.
- Pry the wiper linkage socket from the motor arm assembly.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
See Figure 5
- Remove the wiper arm from the pivot, then remove the spacer and washer on the pivot.
- Remove the cover (trim) panel on the inside of the hatch lid.
- Remove the plastic cover on the wiper motor and unplug the wiring connector from the motor.
- Remove the mounting nuts/bolts, then remove the wiper motor.
- Position the motor and secure it to the hatch lid.
- Connect the wiring harness, then install the plastic cover.
- Install the inner trim panel on the hatch lid.
- Install the wiper arm with its washer and spacer. Make sure the arm is correctly positioned before tightening the nut.