Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Disconnect the brake hose from the caliper. Plug the end of the hose to prevent loss of fluid.
- Remove the bolts that attach the caliper to the torque plate.
- Lift the bottom of the caliper up and remove the caliper assembly.
- Grease the caliper slides and bolts with lithium grease or equivalent. Install the caliper and secure with the bolts. Torque the bolts to 90 ft. lbs. (123 Nm).
- Connect the brake hose to the caliper. Torque 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Fill the brake system to the proper level and bleed the brake system.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Top off the brake fluid level in the master cylinder. Check for leaks and proper brake operation.
Connect the negative battery cable to the battery.